MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: Sarasota Family YMCA, Inc
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Marketing and Communications Director provides leadership to the Sarasota Y in the areas of: Brand Management, Media, Public Relations, and Communications. As a member of senior management this role builds the community's understanding of the YMCA's cause and impact by developing and implementing effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Y's image.
- Facilitates internal and external communications ensuring consistent articulation of the Y's desired image throughout the association.
- Coordinates the appearance of all association print and electronic materials following YUSA Brand Standards
- Maintains contact and communications with local media, to proactively generate continuous positive media coverage for the Y
- Provides counsel to branches and programs on marketing and communications
- Oversees and directs market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring. Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
- Oversees the development and distribution of all marketing collateral.
- Develops and oversees advertising opportunities for the Y
- Directs the content and production of the Y's Website and all social and electronic media.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises assigned staff and volunteers. Provides development and leadership.
- Develops, monitors and administers assigned annual budget maintaining a positive fiscal position.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field required
- Graduate degree in related field is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Strong oral and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice software and social media applications
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000
Additional Compensation Details: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Time Off Programs and Y Retirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Bonnie Gauspohl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: http://www.thesarasotay.org
Apply By Email: bgauspohl@theSarasotaY.org
Resumes until: 9/2/2014
Contact: Bonnie A Gauspohl