YMCA: Palm Beaches Metropolitan YMCA
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Under the direction of the MYOC Executive Director, the MYOC Program Director will administer the policies and manage the programs of the MYOC including: resident camp programs, wilderness camp, Trekkers Camp, Nature's Lab, special encampments, spring day camp, and MYOC conducted conference. The Program Director will facilitate coordinating of the summer resident camp and summer day programs.
Administrative duties will include: assisting with office clerical work as required in non-summer months and assisting the Executive Director with development and maintenance of the MYOC Risk Management Program.
To discharge the responsibilities assigned to this position the incumbent must understand and support the mission and policies of the YMCA, the YMCA of the Palm Beaches, and the McConnell YMCA Outdoor Center. The incumbent must bring t the job an appropriate background of education and experience and a commitment to continuing education and professional development. This position requires a four year college degree, or extensive experience and a commitment to obtain a degree.
The Program Director will possess a high level of competency in and knowledge of group work, program planning and administration, public relations, risk management, and fiscal management. The Program Director will maintain current, up to date skills, knowledge, and certification in the areas of, first aid & CPR, aquatic safety, lifeguarding, and challenge course operation. The Program Director will possess a supervisory level of competency in the areas of horseback riding and horse safety, food service, and MYOC physical plant operations.
1. Advises the MYOC Executive Director in establishing policies for MYOC programming within the framework of the YMCA's mission and objectives and implements these policies through the planning and administration of MYOC programs.
2. Provides a comprehensive program plan (include scheduling, safety, staffing, budgeting, and administration) for the approval of the MYOC Director; organizes and guides program units in the execution of these plans and the achievement of program objectives and goals.
3. Provides program revenue and expense information to aid the MYOC Director in development of an annual budget: Monitors programs to insure that they are administered within budget guidelines.
4. Under the direction of the MYOC Director and within the parameters of the MYOC budget, assists with recruitment and employment of non-exempt program personnel and volunteers.
5. In consultation with the MYOC Director provides for the training and development of camp employees and volunteers.
6. Insures that MYOC program personnel are properly trained and certifies for the job assignments for which they are charged.
7. Appraises personnel and volunteers annually or at least once during any extended period of employment or volunteer activity.
8. Interprets the mission, objectives, and policies of the YMCA and the MYOC to employees and volunteers and provides leadership to aid them in fulfilling the mission, objectives, and policies.
9. Prepares technical aids and program materials for the use by volunteer leader and employed personnel.
10. Schedules the use of MYOC facilities and off cite locations as needed to carry out MYOC programs
11. Works with the staff team to insure that promotion of MYOC programs and activities is carried out in an effective and timely manner.
12. Works with the staff team to insure that all MYOC activities are carried out in a customer friendly manner.
13. Provides for participant safety in the planning and administration of MYOC programming.
14. Provides that appropriate program record keeping systems are in place and attentively adhered to.
15. Provides to the MYOC Director and staff team timely evaluation of MYOC Programs.
16. Represents the MYOC positively to the public and maintains relationships with other organizations.
17. Assist the Executive Director in planning and conducting MYOC conducted conference and training events; i.e., CLC, Camp School, etc.
Specific Summer Resident Camp Responsibilities:
1. Provide for planning and administration of the Camp McConnell summer camp program.
2. Provide a plan for staffing, supervision, and training.
3. Provide the Executive Director with summer program costing information.
4. Assist the Executive Director with recruitment of summer staff.
5. With regards to specialized camp positions such as Nurse, Ropes course facilitators, Lifeguards, Aquatic Director, Horseback Director, Bus Drivers, Cook, Kitchen Manager; assist the Executive Director in establishing minimum requirements for these positions and insure that staffs filling those positions meet the minimum requirements.
6. Personally lead and conduct summer camp evening programs.
7. Provide for organization and supervision of summer camp activity classes, cabin clean-up, swimming pool and waterfront activities, the LIT program, special camp activities and events, and general day to day camp programming activity.
8. Assist the Executive Director and the Head Counselor with identifying and resolving camper/staff personal and behavioral issues.
9. Assist the Executive Director with pre-planning, supervision, and administration of the MYOC Day, Wilderness, and Trekker programs.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The effectiveness of the incumbent's fulfillment of this position should be measured by:
1. The degree to which there is steady growth of the number of MYOC participants, groups, and programs.
2. Sound administration of the MYOC's programs should be evident in purposeful and coordinated programs, good public relations and understanding, sound financial position, and good records maintenance.
3. The purposeful identification and recruitment of volunteers and contributors from a pool of satisfied campers, parents, staff, and other participants.4. Works with the staff team to insure that promotion of MYOC programs and activities is carried out in an effective and timely manner.
5. Prepares technical aids and program materials for the use by volunteer leader and employed personnel.
6. Appraises personnel and volunteers annually or at least once during any extended period of employment or volunteer activity.
7. In consultation with the MYOC Director provides for the training and development of camp employees and volunteers.
8. Provides program revenue and expense information to aid the MYOC Director in development of an annual budget: Monitors programs to insure that they are administered within budget guidelines.
Salary: $ - $
Additional Compensation Details:
Salary Based Upon Experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please Send Resume Online to:Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Apply By Email: Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Resumes until: 12/31/2014
Contact: Jacqueline Frost
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.