SITE DIRECTOR (DODGE YMCA)
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Greater New York
Location: New York, NY
The Dodge YMCA is seeking an experienced applicant who will be responsible for ensuring that the Y Afterschool Program meets all program standards and funding guidelines. The Site Director must be able to plan and organize a structured program, consisting of educational and recreational activities, according to age group, and supervise staff and maintain a high level of communication between school representatives and participants.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff according to YMCA policies.
- Ensure that all Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD), Department of Health (DOH) and YMCA Guidelines are followed and adhered to.
- Responsible for data entry (AS400, OST etc.), human resources reports, snack, securing space, security and all other administrative duties/documentation requirement in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that adequate supplies and equipment are kept safe and available for programmatic needs.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
- Respond to e-mails and phone messages within one business day.
- Maintain accurate records, pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health and safety.
- Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meeting and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
- Supervise the collection, completion and submission of data and reports to DYCD as required under the contract agreement.
- Supervise and plan summer programs including securing the DOH license.
- Actively participate in designated meetings and training sessions.
- BA/BS Degree in Education; MA Degree desired.
- Three to five years of experience, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity in an educational program.
- Knowledge of working with children in age appropriate programming, YMCA standards, DOH standards and DYCD expectations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth programs, AS400, and OST databases desired.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Salary: $36,607 - $45,758
HOW TO APPLY
If qualified, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line "Site Director" to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Dodge YMCA Attn.: Frankie Barretta 225 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11201 New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Resumes until: 9/30/2014
Contact: Francesco Barretta