YMCA: YMCA of Wichita Kansas
Location: Wichita, KS
Under the supervision of the Metro Senior Program Director, the Program Director is an exempt position responsible for the overall management and development of the Before and After School SACC Programs. This Program Director is accountable for the leadership and direction as of SACC Supervisors, Site Leaders and Group Leaders as requested by Metro Senior Program Director. Function of the position also includes camp supervisor leadership responsibilities as assigned.
The Program Director requires a minimum 4-year degree in a child, educational, and or related field and experience in SACC. Management and supervisory experience preferred in addition to an understanding of KDHE licensed school age child care, basic accounting and business practices. Willingness to work with a variety of school districts, childcare agencies and agency representative preferred required. Candidate must be able to obtain a School Age Program Directors Approval from KDHE and complete all required certifications as required by position (CPR, First Aid, Signs and Symptoms, and Redwoods Trainings, etc.).
1. Attend YMCA Staff meetings (SACC, Branch, and Citywide) and training sessions. Attend childcare & camp weekly associate roundtable meetings as scheduled.
2. Receive regular evaluations from schools and parents being served about program quality and effectiveness.
3. Be an active leader on the SACC/Branch quality team: show wiliness to work together, brain storm problems, and find innovative solutions.
4. Conduct Fall/Spring SACC Leader and Counselor training on KDHE, YMCA of the USA HEPA Standards, or other related fields.
5. Train staff in specific programming techniques and subject areas both on site and at YMCA.
6. Provide necessary equipment, supplies, and resources for use by staff in planning and implementing creative, developmentally appropriate, activities.
7. Implement quality assurance program framework to address staffing, curriculum, etc. Complete weekly staffing update report and enrollment report to be reviewed at weekly roundtable meeting.
8. Complete and monitor KDHE compliance, understand and implement weekly balance due reports showing third party, full pay, bank draft, and income based scholarships. Assist in monitoring and collection of fees.
9. Implement any grants awarded to branch that impact SACC program.
10. Monitor all budget supply costs.
11. Complete regular site visits (goal of 2 visits per month/per site-minimum of one visit per month per program) that review program, KDHE compliance, and CACFP regulations are being maintained.
12. Follow YMCA policies and procedures on accident and incident reporting.
13. Manage staffing (planned time off, opening, or emergency/illness) vacancies to ensure KDHE regulations are being maintained. Substitution in program will be required on little to no notice.
14. Be an active leader in the Annual Campaign (staff solicitation, community support, branch activities, association activities, etc.).
15. Provide support/assistance to SACC Supervisors on as needed basis.
16. Evaluate staff on a seasonal basis in conjunction with Metro Senior Program Director.
17. Additional duties may be assigned by Metro Senior Program Director in conjunction with SACC as well as summer camp.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his/her hands to finger, hand or feel and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Effect on end results:
1. Increased effectiveness of accomplishment of YMCA goals in service to the community.
2. Development, management, and maintenance of quality programs meeting the needs and interests of participants.
3. Maintain and/or increases enrollment numbers at all locations.
4. Development of new and expanded site and fiscally sound programs.
5. Community needs will be met on a consistent basis.
Salary: $34,000 - $37,000
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://www.wichitaymcajobs.org
Resumes until: 9/5/2014
Contact: Nikki L Vancuren
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.