HEALTHY LIVING DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: The Community YMCA
Location: Shrewsbury, NJ
The Healthy Living Director will provide leadership and oversight to the branch Wellness Department, ensuring that members needs are exceeded. Under the direction of the Programs Director, the Healthy Living Director will be responsible for the oversight of the wellness staff, wellness floors and equipment, group exercise programs and staffing and personal trainers. The Healthy Living Director will be responsible for overall organization, administration, development, supervision and implementation of wellness services for the branch including the development and implementation of member retention initiatives, program development and community outreach. The Healthy Living Director will also serve as the lead in the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program.
This individual should be recognized as a leader in fitness and wellness with members, staff, and the community. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the "health seeker" and serving those with chronic illnesses.
- Must support the mission of the YMCA and promote the character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Design and maintain a diverse schedule of activities, classes and programs for members of all abilities and wellness levels.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members.
- Work with the Membership Department to develop and implement member retention programs.
- Interview, hire, schedule, discipline, and supervise qualified staff.
- Evaluate staff on a regular basis. Maintain accurate and complete personnel files including staff certifications.
- Provide training and conduct staff department meetings with the Wellness staff.
- Serve as lead in the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program, including leading groups and one-on-one sessions for each cohort.
- Prepare annual and monthly budget.
- Keep knowledgeable in the areas of exercise science, nutrition, exercise trends, etc.
- Develop and implement a community based Wellness At Work Program for area business.
- Develop programs to address chronic health issues within the community.
- Provide outreach and support to local schools and community centers in areas of health, wellness and nutrition.
- Attend community functions and events to promote the YMCA, its mission and programs.
- Maintain a safe and clean, well-organized wellness area.
- Serve as Director on Duty as assigned by Vice President.
- Attend all meetings required of full-time staff.
- Financial Development: Support the Annual Campaign.
- Personal and Professional Development: Demonstrate the core character values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring in all interactions with employees, members, staff and others; commit to ongoing professional development. Attend training as outlined in development plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Programs Director and Vice President.
- 4-year college degree in Health, Exercise Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years working in health and fitness management field required; 5-7 years preferred
- Current nationally accredited personal training certification preferred
- Nutrition certification or experience required
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Supervisory, fiscal management and program development experience
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel locally
CPR, AED, Oxygen Certification (within 60 days)
First Aid Certification (within 60 days)
YMCA Healthy Lifestyles (within 120 days)
Bloodborne Pathogen Training (within 30 days)
YMCA Child Abuse Prevention (within 30 days)
The Community YMCA New Team Member Orientation (within 90 days)
Physical Demands: Lifting objects up to 50 pounds, kneeling, bending and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Mental Demands: Ability to make appropriate decisions concerning the care and safety of members, participants and staff.
- Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values
- Philanthropy - Supports the Annual Campaign
- Influence - Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view and remains calm in a challenging situation
- Inclusion - Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
Effect on End Result:
The Red Bank Family Health and Wellness Center will be viewed as the premier provider and a leader of wellness and fitness programs and services within the community. Members of all fitness levels will be motivated to achieve their individual goals.
Salary: $32,000 - $35,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to Holly Haines
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Resumes until: 9/19/2014
Contact: Holly Haines
166 Maple Avenue
Red Bank, NJ 07701-1716