CHARLESTOWN YMCA- BUSINESS MANAGER FULL TIME/ EXEMPT
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Greater Boston
Location: Boston, MA
This position is primarily responsible for all day to day operations of the branch, including supervising accounts payable, payroll, computer training, and financial statement preparation. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director in all administrative areas. This position reports to the Branch Director of Finance and is a member of the Business Managers Team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
- Assure that the day to day accounting and computer functions are working properly.
- Assure that the branch payroll is accurate and completed on time.
- Manage the accurate processing of all revenue passing through the Branch, including point of sale, credit and cash handling/storage and daily cash reconciliation from the main building and off-site.
- Assure that the branch expenses (both payroll and other expenses) are on budget, noting any variances or projected variances and sharing these concerns with program directors and the Executive Director.
- Monitor accounts receivable and assure that they are accurate.
- Assist the Executive Director and Program Directors in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Analyze monthly financial results, share with department directors.
- Manage monthly closing process in collaboration with Metro Finance office.
- Assist with involvement and preparation of special events, publications and advertising as needed. Work MOD shifts (as needed) with other managers.
- Manage the branch's accounts receivable account to the lowest amount possible for membership, program, & hotel.
- Manage petty cash accounts.
- Manage all 3rd party and contract billing in accordance with the state or federal agency requirements.
- Supervise clerical staff.
- Assure that the resources of the YMCA (supplies and other consumables) are used in proper fashion, to minimize waste.
- Have an understanding of SGA. Manage accounts payable system insuring accurate, timely production of all purchase orders and payment of all vendors within allocated budgets.
- Ensures daily cash deposits including reconciliation of cashier balances according to the Y's written policies and procedures working closely with Metro Finance staffers (train a back up person as responsible during and for planned and unplanned absences).
- Resolve immediately problems with the daily cash reconciliation. Reviews and collects returned checks and bounced bank drafts on a timely basis.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related area preferred. Minimum of 3 years experience in management and supervision required. Typical schedule to support departments is 9:30 am-5:30 pm or 10:00 am-6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some weekend and evening work is expected.
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
Additional Compensation Details: Commensurate Upon Experience
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=747471&B_ID=44
Resumes until: 11/6/2014
Contact: Paul Mantell