PAYROLL MANAGER/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: Northern Middlesex County YMCA
Location: Middletown, CT
Job Description: Full-Time PR Manager/Administrative Assistant
At least 5 years experience using a payroll processing service for 200-450 employees, preferably with ADP Workforce Now Payroll & Essential HR. Human Resource experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Experienced Payroll Manager/HR Assistant
- Full-time position (30 hrs/wk)
Principle Duties will consist of the following:
- Process and input payroll data on a bi-weekly basis .
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll.
- Prepares periodic reports including but not limited to earnings, deductions, hours, and any other report requested.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- All payroll aspects and processing to be accurate and timely.
- Prepare and submit retirement reports.
- Maintain employee files.
- Order and maintain supplies for new hire paperwork.
- Manage archives and purging of documents
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all employee records.
- Ensure that YMCA policies and procedures and applicable laws are adhered to at all times.
- Preparation of minutes from various Board meetings.
- Creation of mailing lists
- Schedule meetings and return phone calls
- Create mailings and labels with the use of mail merge
- Working with various Excel spreadsheets
- Assist with organization of special events.
- In consultation with Supervisor, attend training, meetings, and conferences that are beneficial to personal and professional growth.
- Proficiency in payroll principles and practices. Experience with computerized payroll software - preferably ADP.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with the following programs:
- Word - mail merge to create labels.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Flexible -able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Adaptable to changing work environment and directives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner;
- Reacts well under pressure;
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Accepts responsibility for own actions;
- Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the workplace.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Salary: $25,740 - $26,520
Additional Compensation Details:
- Sick time
- Holiday Pay
- Floating Holiday Pay
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Tax Deferred Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- YMCA Retirement Fund
- Fitness Membership
- Program Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume with referenced via email.
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Resumes until: 2/28/2014
Contact: Robin E Pulaski
99 UNION STREET
MIDDLETOWN, CT 06457