SR. VICE PRESIDENT MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Location: Kansas City, MO
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President, the Senior Vice President of Member Engagement is responsible for the growth of membership sales through the establishment of corporate and community partnerships and programs. The Senior Vice President of Member Engagement will develop and implement innovative sales and marketing initiatives, create and maintain thorough and accurate sales and prospect records, work closely with Member Engagement Directors and Brand Advancement to ensure member engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of proven high level knowledge and demonstrated competence in successful sales and marketing experience preferably in a membership setting.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales goals consistently.
- Five years of senior leadership experience supervising seasoned associates.
- Ability to establish and maintain favorable relationships with leaders of corporations and/or other community organizations.
- Proven ability to have initiative, good judgment and to make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, public speaking, negotiation, report preparation, proven client development experience and skills, client presentation skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- This position will contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Ensure that daily care of members and prospects is first priority by providing direction, leadership, support, and timely feedback. This includes strategic planning, process evaluation and improvement.
- Responsible for direct supervision of Member Engagement Directors and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, mission and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training associates, planning, assigning and directing work and performance management.
- Ensure that Member Engagement Directors are hiring, retaining and developing high performing welcome center associates.
- Work closely with Executive Directors for implementation of strategies, systems and resources.
- Drive increased membership sales through the creation and implementation of cutting edge sales strategies and closing techniques.
- Coach, train and ensure associates deliver consistent excellence in sales presentations, closing techniques, impeccable telephone and in-person service. Teach and mentor others to replicate.
- Collaborate with Member Engagement Directors to ensure the seamless transition from prospect to fully engaged member.
- Develop systems that ensure consistent prospect and new member tracking and follow-up procedures.
- Develop, meet and exceed monthly and annual membership sales.
- Role model strong fiscal stewardship through the development and monitoring of budgets and forecasting.
- Expand the corporate workplace wellness program through the identification of prospective companies, continuous program evaluation, comprehensive sales plans and innovative marketing.
- Work with program directors to develop or enhance programs that meet the needs of corporate workplace wellness participants or otherwise associated groups of members.
- Work with program directors to develop and deliver programming to corporate workplace wellness companies at their work sites.
- Design and conduct evaluations of the corporate workplace wellness program and other Member sales techniques to ensure the Y is reaching and meeting the needs of our diverse community.
- Accountable to the Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
Salary: $91,207 - $114,010
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.kansascityymca.org.http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=B6CB2C35F5EA915CDDE409FCC40DCEF8.NA10_primary_jvm?org=YMCA_OF_GREATER_KANSAS_CITY&cws=1&rid=1540
Apply Online: http://www.kansascityymca.org
Resumes until: 2/21/2014
Contact: Mark T Skolaut