Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: Hamilton Area YMCA
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Under the direction and supervision of the Vice President of Facilities & I.T and in accordance with the mission and purpose of the YMCA, the Sawmill Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the management of all maintenance staff, preventative maintenance/ maintenance, repair and asset management of all property at the Sawmill Branch of the Hamilton Area YMCA. The Sawmill Maintenance Mechanic must work to oversee all custodial staff and contractors at the Sawmill Branch of the Hamilton Area YMCA. He/she will complete all other duties and projects as assigned or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Sawmill maintenance staff to ensure that they check all safety and emergency equipment at the Sawmill Branch of the Hamilton Area YMCA to make sure that they are in working order and know where they are located.
- Manages all areas of property management at the Sawmill branch of the Hamilton Area YMCA and has knowledge of the following: Electrical, Plumbing, Building Construction and Management, Energy Conservation, Burner & Boiler, Vehicle Maintenance, Project Management, Custodial Functions, Fire Safety Codes and Regulations, Pools Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Completes routine checks of the Sawmill property to make sure that staff maintains all areas in proper working order.
- Conducts inspections of all facilities to ensure the execution of the maintenance, custodial, safety and risk management programs.
- Responds to any reports of unsafe and unsatisfactory conditions, member complaints and broken equipment at the Sawmill property.
- Checks all safety and emergency equipment at the Sawmill Branch of the Hamilton Area YCMA to make sure they are working and know where they are located. Knows the emergency alarms.
- Supervises custodial and grounds staff at the Sawmill Branch of the Hamilton Area YMCA.
- Takes full charge in case of serious accidents and follows appropriate emergency action plan procedures.
- Maintains branch mechanical systems and lawn care equipment.
- Implements lawn care treatment plan For Sawmill, JKR and Pecci Fields branches.
- Makes sure that the boilers, pools, fire safety equipment, plumbing fixtures, electrical units, gas, ventilation and HVAC systems are all in good working conditions.
- Documents and maintains preventative maintenance log and repair calls.
- Orders maintenance supplies, parts, and housekeeping supplies when and as needed.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents the Hamilton Area YMCA in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma required
- Professional training in building or building maintenance
- Must have two (2) years' experience with building operations and maintenance
- Must have one (1) or more years previous supervisory experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Fertilizer applicator certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of YMCA Policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Provides high quality services, processes and programs while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance the organization. Meets or exceeds goals and objectives and consistently engages in productive work effort requiring minimal direction from manager.
- Demonstrates self control by maintaining composure in difficult situations; deals calmly and effectively with stressful situations. Projects a professional image of oneself and the organization and demonstrates a positive attitude towards work and the organization.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Comes to work on time and ready to work.
4. Collaboration & Teamwork
- Supports a positive team environment in which employees participate, respect and cooperate with each other to achieve desired results. Builds and sustains cooperative working relationships and demonstrates a positive attitude in work assignment and interaction with others.
- Expresses self in a knowledgeable, coherent, and professional manner. Works to resolve conflict and promotes an open and honest environment for feedback and constructive criticism.
- Provides direction and motivation and sets an example through open communication and modeling best practices. Provides appropriate advice, on-going feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness of individuals and departments.
7. Customer Focus
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Consistently acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Salary: $28,000 - $32,000
Additional Compensation Details:
The Hamilton Area YMCA is committed to the development of staff. Excellent benefits including Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, holiday, sick pay, retirement (12%).
HOW TO APPLY
Please email all resumes to Jim Burns.
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: 2/28/2014
Contact: James P Burns
1315 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619-3815