YOUTH SPORTS DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Summit NJ
Location: Summit, NJ
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches for all leagues.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Organizes Adventure Guide program; attends campouts, hosts and organizes parties, sends regular communications, markets to all applicable audiences.
- Develops, organizes and conducts sports clinics.
- Develops and manages department budget.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth and adult sports program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Participates in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Provides ongoing training to program staff and volunteers to ensure the highest quality of programs.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Flexible work schedule: must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Professional when dealing with children, volunteers, referees, staff, and parents.
- Minimum age of 21.
- CPR; First Aid; AED or ability to obtain certification training.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications preferred.
- Current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards with the ability to obtain CDL license within 3 months of employment.
Salary: $36,000 - $40,000
Additional Compensation Details: The Summit YMCA offers a full range of benefits, inclusive of subsidized Medical, Dental and paid Life, and LTD. The position offers free Y membership, subsidized child care, generous Paid Time Off and a 10% contribution to the Y Retirement Plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter with salary details to melissa.pauls@theSAY.org by Nov. 30, 2013. EOE
Apply Online: http://www.theSAY.org
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: 11/30/2013
Contact: Janet Smith