Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of the USA
Location: Chicago, IL
This position is responsible for the overall technology vision, strategy, design, and delivery of technology solutions within the organization. Requires advanced technical and business knowledge of systems development life cycle, technical architecture, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes. The Solution Architect will work closely with the PMO and is the anchor that helps define and manage stakeholder technical requirements, planning, expectations and ongoing management of the technical experience. This individual will enforce a rigid development methodology, monitor and control the quality of the deliverable, and manage project completion through customer acceptance and transition to maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years consulting experience in technology integration or proven related architect experience is required
- Must possess proven architecture skills with a focus on the utilization of standard patterns, practices, and frameworks designing complex enterprise solutions
- Strong knowledge of integration technologies, approaches and patterns is required
- Proven experience and solid understanding at all levels of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and project management skills are required. Must possess influencing skills to drive implementation
- Must possess a proven ability to translate business requirements and desired outcomes into a solid develop plan and standardized solution architecture
- Ability to build strong relationships with partner vendors and lead the coordination of contract working engagements in the areas required by the solution initiative
- Must have a strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Must possess experience with Microsoft technologies including .NET environments, MVC, SharePoint solutions, MSSQL programming, and Team Foundation Server required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and build a solid structured approach to solutions development regularly exceeding expectations
- Commitment to character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times.
- Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Influence. Employs influence strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Developing Others. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others' capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Innovation. Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y's mission and work
- Provide the core project team with well-defined project scope, methodology, business requirements, schedules, and technical requirements based on business needs
- Define and document systems architectures and design using appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, working with Project Managers and leading developers and analysts
- Defines the appropriate project and implementation approach for solutions, including SDLC methodology and transition to maintenance planning
- Recommend design structures, modifications, and solutions that clearly map to business needs and requirements and set standards
- Provide direction for creating organizational data standards and ensure best practice is maintained within various functions of the IT team
- Implement architecture and development process quality standards, measurements, and controls leading to a highly-effective technology team and environment
- Lead development teams and analysts comprised of both internal and external resources
- Develop and maintain policies, best practices, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively create and maintain a standardized technical architecture
- Establish strong and effective relationships with various vendor partners leveraging external expertise needed to deliver technical solutions
- Keep up-to-date on current technologies and trends and undertake personal development related to organizational direction and need
- Improve, simplify, and streamline technology functions, processes, data flows as related to the technical architecture
EFFECT ON END RESULTS/STRATEGIC IMPACT
This position contributes to major corporate goals by maintaining the data infrastructure on which business systems depend on and produces needed information enabling Y-USA to assist member Ys in maintaining operational excellence.
Salary: $ - $
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ6/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=YMCA&cws=1
Resumes until: 11/29/2013
Contact: Erica Lee