REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR (2)
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for accelerating the acquisition of new members in all centers across the Metro Chicago YMCA system in order to meet growth goals. They will develop and execute a sales plan by member type, geography, campaign or program promotion.
Scopes and Responsibilities:
- Execute the sales strategy in assigned channels to drive and close memberships.
- Collaborate with the VP, Member Experience, Marketing, and Group Vice Presidents (GVP) to develop the sales strategies through research input, creative solutions, and ideas.
- Collaborate with the Executive Directors (ED) and Member Experience Directors (MED) at centers to ensure alignment of group and individual sales, and that member engagement is achieved and sustained.
- Establish relationships and develop and manage local group sales accounts (i.e. corporate).
- Work with VP, Member Experience to build out the right data set for sales management and maintain prospect database
- Follow-up with leads.
- Participate in events, trade fairs, and campaigns to promote the Y.
- Coordinate tours for potential new group accounts.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of customer service and sales experience and a proven track record of initiative, creativity and motivation to surpass challenging performance goals.
- Experience with group level account acquisition and management; proven demonstration of successful accounts.
- Excellent presentation, writing and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing and ambiguous work environment.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to deal with pressure in meeting sales goals.
Core Functional and Management Competencies:
- Consultative selling skills and ability to close: Uses provided prospect information and/or utilizes strong active listening to understand prospects' needs; uses knowledge of the prospect and the best fit of the Y's programs and services to close the sale, and sustain member engagement.
- Member focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations of members; drives resolution of member issues.
- Adaptability: Effectively handles change and ambiguity; can multi-task, handle multiple objectives.
- Action oriented: Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunity than others; likes getting things accomplished.
- Motivating others: Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and cross-functional team members; creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others to operate within established standards; invites input and shares ownership and visibility.
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Core Leadership Competencies:
- Values - Puts in place best practices that reflect the values of the organization. Creates an environment that reinforces trust, mutual respect, and a service orientation. Models the Y's values when dealing with individuals and organizations in the community.
- Inclusion - Promotes to others the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization. Ensures equal and fair treatment for all.
- Relationships - Collaborate with and build relationships that enhance the Y's ability to impact the community. Effectively represents department/branch/division interests while building positive, constructive relationships with others.
- Communications - Uses superior verbal and written skills to generate support for the Y's goals.
- Shares ideas and presents information informally in ways that positively impact others. Communicates the Y's brand to establish the organization's credibility within the community.
- Decision Making - Integrates multiple thinking processes and strategies to function effectively. Anticipate where challenges and obstacles are, and create plan and strategies accordingly.
- Change Capacity - Manages implementation of change by understanding and addressing the impact of change on cultures, systems, and people.
This is a new role for YMCA Metro Chicago. We will roll out 2 openings in 2013 and 2 in 2014
Salary: $60,000 - $68,000
Additional Compensation Details:
Base salary plus commission/sales incentives.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5489/regional-sales-director/job
Apply Online: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5489/regional-sales-director/job
Resumes until: 12/1/2013
Contact: Brandi Frattini